Thousands without power in Yakima during windstorm
YAKIMA, Wash. — As strong winds gust through Southern Washington, thousands of people in Yakima County are without power.
Pacific Power reports that almost 2,400 customers are without electricity as of 3:45 p.m. on November 15. Most of these outages were reported in the city of Yakima.
However, a significant number of customers in Selah, WA are without power. There are also at least 65 customers impacted by outages north of Gleed, WA.
The single largest active outage is impacting the area around Eisenhower High School in Yakima.
To keep updated on power outages across the Northwest and your community, visit Pacific Power’s outage & safety page by clicking here.
This is a developing news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued once further details are revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Kennewick Schools host vaccine clinics for schoolchildren
- Ellensburg police seize record-setting amount of fentanyl pills
- Woman and dog rescued from roof of car stuck in Yakima River
- Seattle Fire Deputy Chief found dead 13 days after disappearance
- Body found near Harrah identified as 19-year-old woman struck by car
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.