Three-car accident claims Richland passenger’s life
RICHLAND, Wash. — A female passenger lost her life on Wednesday after being struck by an oncoming vehicle in a tragic three-car accident.
According to Capt. Chris Lee of the Richland Police Department, two vehicles were heading south on Leslie St near Canyon Ave at approx. 4:14 p.m. on June 9. As two lanes merged into one, neither driver yielded to the other, which caused them to collide.
Richland Police say that the victim’s vehicle was thrust into the northbound lane, causing a third car to crash into the passenger’s side of the vehicle. The victim was later pronounced dead due to her injuries.
Local authorities are still investigating to determine who is at fault in the accident. However, they did confirm to KAPP-KVEW that there were no signs of impairment or distraction from devices at this time.
This investigation is ongoing. Local authorities do not know how long it will take for them to determine charges in this crash.
This is a developing story. An update or follow-up will be issued if/when more information becomes available.
RECENT NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Tri-Cities businesses struggle to find new employees
- Arrests made in case of Yakima man shot in his yard
- Campaign aims to reduce alcohol/drug-related incidents on Yakima waters
- Toppenish Police investigate assault that leaves girl, 17, in critical condition
- Connell High School postseason ban reversed, WIAA imposes updated sanctions
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.