Toppenish Middle School hosts Astria Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
TOPPENISH, Wash. — Are you a healthcare or childcare worker in the Lower Valley looking to receive your COVID-19 vaccination? This weekend, you can visit the COVID-19 vaccination clinic set up at Toppenish Middle School to inoculate yourself against coronavirus.
One of the largest healthcare networks in Eastern Washington, Astria Health, will provide COVID-19 vaccinations for eligible participants on Friday, March 5. Operating out of the middle school at 104 Goldendale Ave., the vaccine clinic will operate on Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. or until supplies run out.
Officials at the site confirm that they’re offering the Pfizer/BioNTech version of the vaccine. It’s a first-come, first-serve clinic for eligible participants through guidelines from the Washington Department of Health (DOH). If you’re not in Phase 1A and Phase 1B-Tier 1 of vaccinations, you will not be eligible to participate in this event.
Astria Health provided helpful guidelines regarding the vaccination phases. If you meet any of the following criteria, you ARE eligible to be vaccinated free of cost in Washinton state:
- High-risk healthcare workers and first responders
- Long-term care facility residents
- All other workers at risk in health care settings
- All people 65+ years or older
- All people 50 years or older in multi-generational households (home where individuals from 2 or more generations reside).
- School Employees and childcare workers
This is just one example of Astria Health’s proactive approach to vaccinating the lower valley and Yakima County residents in these trying times. All participants are asked to please wear a mask while on the premises and in the presence of others.
RECENT COVID-19 VACCINATION HEADLINES:
- Richland VA to host vaccine clinic for regional veterans
- Washington educators are now eligible to be vaccinated
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine authorized by Northwest multi-state review group
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.