Traffic Alert: Five-car crash, two separate wrecks back up I-182 in Pasco
PASCO, Wash. — State Troopers are at the scene of a massive car accident that involved five vehicles on Interstate 182 (I-I-182) near the 4th Ave exit in Pasco.
According to a social media alert at 8:06 a.m. on May 11 from WSP Trooper Chris Thorson, the accident took place on the eastbound lane of the roadway.
All of the vehicles involved in this accident were moved to the side of the highway, but traffic has been backed up for several miles due to activity from first responders/law enforcement. Expect heavily congested traffic while traveling through the area on Wednesday morning.
Around 8:24 a.m., Trooper Thorson confirmed two more unrelated wrecks on I-182 that are delaying traffic.
The first occurred on Vista Way on the Kennewick side of the Blue Bridge. The second unrelated collision occurred two miles back from the original crash-site on I-182 in Pasco.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued once further details are revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- “She’s a miracle,” Kennewick family recounts extreme preemie journey
- Pasco High’s Hip Hop Dance Team will be featured on America’s Got Talent
- Ecology officials: ‘High hazard’ dams in Yakima, Benton counties aren’t hazardous
- WSDA starts lawn treatments to control Japanese Beetle populations in residential areas
- ‘Lost a family member:’ Musicians mourn beloved Kennewick bassist murdered in suspected revenge killing
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.