Traffic Alert: I-84 closed in either direction due to semi-truck accident and delays
LA GRANDE, Ore. — Commuters who plan to drive on I-84 in either direction on Thursday afternoon may want to reroute their travel to Baker City as a disabled semi-truck, and road congestion create closures and delays.
According to Trip Check, which tracks road conditions for the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), all westbound lanes of I-84 is closed from milepost 265 to 302, which is approx. three miles west of Baker City.
Ramps are closed at the crash site as ODOT teams try to clear the broken-down semi-truck from the roadway.
It’s unclear how long the closure will last, but you can visit Trip Check to keep up with the latest updates on travel in your area.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued if further details are revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Yakima Valley disaster responders need volunteers in dire times
- Richland doctor urges patients to only seek ER help in emergencies
- “Washington School Choice Week” offers new resources for parents
- Legislators debate multiple new gun bills in 2022 aiming to tackle safety, other issues
- Southridge High, neighboring schools locked down as potentially armed juvenile spotted on campus
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.