Tri-Cities Airport experiencing flight delays due to problems out of Seattle
Both inbound and outgoing flights in the Tri-Cities are being delayed due to what is described as an equipment failure in Seattle.
FRANKLIN CO. – The Tri-Cities Airport is experiencing delays for both inbound and outgoing flights due to problems at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Buck Taft with the Tri-Cities Airport confirmed information he received was that it was only affecting Alaska Airlines flights at this time.
However, due to the delays, other airlines are now being affected.
Earlier Wednesday, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport issued a ground stop for all incoming flights due to what was described as an equipment failure.
An airport has the authority to issue a ground stop in the event that airport is unable to perform air traffic control services.
Alaska Airlines tweeted its weather systems experienced an outage and that flights could be impacted throughout the day.
This morning Alaska Airlines’ weather systems vendor experienced an outage that impacted our flight operations systemwide. The outage was mitigated around 10:30am PT. We expect residual impacts to our operation throughout the day and apologize to our guests for the inconvenience.
— Alaska Airlines News (@AlaskaAirNews) July 13, 2022
What flights are impacted in the Tri-Cities?
- Alaska Airlines Flight 2210 from Seattle to Pasco – expected arrival time is now 12:10 p.m.
- Alaska Airlines Flight 2028 from Seattle to Pasco – expected arrival time is now 12:17 p.m.
- Alaska Airlines Flight 2180 from Seattle to Pasco – expected arrival time is now 3:39 p.m.
- Alaska Airlines Flight 2140 from Pasco to Seattle – expected departure time is now 11:15 a.m.
- Alaska Airlines Flight 2210 from Pasco to Seattle – expected departure time is now 12:41 p.m.
ALSO ON YAKTRINEWS.COM
- Yakima man accused of trying to steal child’s bike, threatening family with knife
- Kennewick City councilman proposes prayer at city meetings
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.