Violent bar fight in Richland leads to assault charges for Benton County suspect
RICHLAND, Wash. — A violent altercation outside of a bar landed one male suspect behind bars after allegedly striking a woman, threatening others with a knife, and trying to use his car as a battering ram.
According to a social media alert from the Richland Police Department, officers responded to Lee’s Tahitian on the 1300-block of Jadwin Ave around 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 20 for reports of a disturbance.
RPD investigators found that the male suspect approached a group outside of the bar and instigated a fight. They say he retrieved a knife from his car before returning to the group and punching a woman, who dropped to the ground and was injured upon contact with the pavement.
Autorities say he then returned to his car and tried to ram into several people multiple times before driving off in an attempt to evade the consequenes of his actions.
Shortly after, Richland police officers spotted the suspect driving away and pulled him over. He was arrested without further incident and was booked into the Benton County Jail on an investigative hold for Assault to the Second Degree and Vehicular Assault.
Authorities say that additional charges are pending and may be added on as they resume their investigation.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued if further details are revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Fred Meyer in Richland reopens to the public on Sunday
- Car struck by gunfire in Kennewick, 2nd shooting in the Tri-Cities on Sunday
- Honoring retiring Kennewick Police Chief Ken Hohenberg during a dedication
- ‘I thought they were gone:’ Benton City twins recovering after Richland crash Tuesday
- Walla Walla burglary suspect who was released from jail is arrested inside College Place business, faces more charges
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.