Traffic Alert: Water line break crumbles ground at W 46th/Neel in Kennewick
KENNEWICK, Wash. — If you planned on commuting through the area of W 46th Ave and S Neel Street on Tuesday afternoon, you’ll have to plan a different route.
City crews are responding to a water line break that caused some of the roadway to collapse into itself.
According to a social media alert published by the Kennewick Police Department, W 46th Ave will be closed from S Olson St to S Ledbetter St for the foreseeable future. This is expected to last into the evening and is likely to impact commuters returning home from work.
If at all possible, avoid the roadway. It’s extremely hazardous and coned off due to the unstable nature of the ground caused by the water main break.
City of Kennewick crews are already working to mitigate the issue and help all of the people residing on this roadway.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued once further details are revealed.
TOP STORIES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Pasco man, 60, found with various drugs while speeding on I-90
- Moses Lake police tap into community funds to aid struggling woman
- WSP: Most of the 49 missing kids in Yakima Co. are runaways, but still missing
- Potential NFL concussion protocol changes spark discussion for high school athletics
- Richland’s Fred Meyer strikes deal with Kroger on safety training, wages & healthcare
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.