Want your artwork hung in Walla Walla City Hall? Apply today!
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Have you ever imagined hanging your creation on the walls of one of your city’s most sacred public forums? Now is your chance to turn that vision into a reality!
The city of Walla Walla’s Arts Commission is calling for local creatives to submit their artwork for a chance to be displayed on the walls of the City Council Chamber in City Hall.
Submissions will be reviewed by members of the art’s commission for a chance at a one-year residence on the walls of City Hall. This jury will be comprised of four people: A community member, a local artist, a member of the Arts Commission and a member of ArtWalla.
Submissions must not exceed 50 lbs in weight and must be able to hang on a wall. Each of the following mediums will be accepted for submission:
- Mixed Media
- Digitally-created art
Submitting your application is free of cost, but unfortunately, participating artists will not be compensated or commissioned for their work. However, they can leave pricing and contact details for anyone interested in purchasing their piece(s) after the year-long residency.
Submissions are open until Nov. 19, 2021, when a 2-week review period will begin. These installations will go up in January 2022.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Suspect in Legends Casino shooting killed by deputies in Idaho
- 3-car wreck on U.S. 12 claims life of young woman from Yakima
- ‘I want to be treated like a person:’ Fred Meyer employees file to unionize
- Clover Island restorations begin in late October along with parking restrictions
- Detectives investigating stabbing in Benton County that led to incident in Yakima County
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.