Wanted man linked to stolen cars across the Tri-Cities area, Kennewick police say
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Law enforcement is extending its search for a 26-year-old man accused of possessing several vehicles stolen out of the Tri-Cities area.
According to a social media alert from the Kennewick Police Department, the agency has developed probable cause to arrest Jose L. Torres for two felony charges. Each of those charges is for Possession of a Stolen Vehicle.
These aren’t the only charges out for his arrest in the Tri-Cities area either. KPD officials say that Torres also has two felony warrants out of Franklin County for the same crime: Possession of Stolen Vehicles.
Police say that they have attempted to make contact with Torres on several occasions to bring him into their custody. However, KPD officials say Torres has successfully fled from the police each time.
If anyone has information regarding his whereabouts or details that may help this investigation, you are urged to contact the Kennewick Police Department’s non-emergency line at (509) 628-0333. Otherwise, you can leave a tip—anonymously or not—by visiting www.kpdtips.com.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued if further details are publically revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Dept. of Ecology nears completion of Pasco Landfill cleanup project
- Benton Franklin Fair 2022: Demolition Derby tickets go on sale in mid-May
- Columbia Basin College to level up its athletic teams with new esports league this fall
- Richland astronaut Kayla Barron is returning to Earth after nearly six months in space
- Othello Police: 14-year-old girl missing out of Ephrata might be harbored by grown man
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.