Wet and chilly conditions for the weekend -Jason
Welcome to the weekend! Here’s a look at your weather forecast:
Much cooler conditions for your weekend with highs in the mid to upper 60’s. Winds will be from 10 to 20mph. Scattered showers in the late morning to early afternoon for your Friday. Heavier showers are expected overnight tonight into Saturday morning. We’ll see scattered showers tomorrow afternoon into Sunday afternoon, with clearing after that.
More sunshine and a bit warmer temps in our next work week as we head toward Autumn on Wednesday.
Enjoy the wet weather this weekend, our areas sure can use the rain!
- Pacific Northwest delighted to get rain? Probably so
Nearly 20 fires are currently burning in Washington and Oregon, but a little relief could be coming soon in the form of rain. An atmospheric river event is taking shape, which will bring lots of moisture and rain to the region. An atmospheric river is a plume of moisture that comes in from the Pacific Ocean, bringing moisture and rain to the West Coast. Less rain is expected in California, and winds accompanying the storm system could be brutal for the firefighters battling some of the United States’s largest wildfires,. Hopefully this does more good than harm at the Schneider Springs Fire.
MORE HEADLINES FROM YAKTRINEWS.COM:
- Kennewick police respond to shooting, find Jaden Quintero dead
- Washington man says pause in non-emergency surgeries could cost him his leg
- Nurse has religious exemption approved, still has to find new job
- Columbia River shoreline closed; toxic algae found
- Have a 509 phone number? You’ll have to dial the area code first to make a call
- Amazon building 2 massive warehouses, bringing 1,500 jobs to Pasco
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.