Winter Weather Advisory
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect For Umatilla and Hermiston, OR until 4 pm PST Friday.
* snow accumulations: An additional 3 to 5 inches of snow are possible across the lower Columbia Basin
of Oregon and the Eastern Columbia River Gorge through early Friday. Another 2 to 4 inches of snow are
possible over the Simcoe Highlands, and the east slopes of the Washington cascades south of Mount Adams.
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am pst Friday…Yakima Valley-Lower Columbia Basin
of Washington including the cities of…Naches…Sunnyside…Toppenish…Yakima…Connell…Prosser…
…snow today through Friday for Oregon and portions of Southern Washington…
Yakima Valley-lower Columbia Basin of Washington-Including the cities of…Naches…Sunnyside…Toppenish…Yakima…Connell…Prosser…Tri-cities
The national weather service in pendleton has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow…Which is in effect until 4 am PST Friday.
* snow accumulations: 2 to 3 inches are possible mainly across the Southern portion of the zones.
locations include: Naches…Sunnyside…Toppenish…Yakima…Connell…Prosser…Tri-cities
* elevation: All elevations.
* timing: Snow will begin this afternoon and will continue overnight then end early friday morning.
* impacts: Snow accumulating on area roadways can become slick, making travel difficult.
.a weather system moving into the region is producing snow over Central Oregon. The frontal boundary and snow will move northward today, becoming nearly stationary overnight then moving southward Friday. Significant accumulations are likely in some locations, especially central and northern Oregon.
A winter weather advisory is issued when snow is occurring or is Expected to develop and accumulate. Travel may be hazardous, especially on bridges, overpasses and secondary roads. Motorists are urged to use extreme caution, and slow down to adjust for rapidly changing driving conditions and reduced visibilities.
To see the forecast in your Zip Code, go to: http://www.weather.gov/