Woman charged with stalking man, sent him 65,000 text messages

Woman charged with stalking man, sent him 65,000 text messages
KNXV, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, Maricopa County Superior Court via CNN

Jacqueline Ades, 31, is accused of sending an Arizona man 65,000 text messages, breaking into his home and bathing in his bathtub, KNXV-TV reports.

Ades and the man met on a dating app and went on one date, NBC News reports.

In July 2017, police found Ades outside the man’s home and told her to leave, KNXV-TV reports. The man then started to receive threatening text messages from the suspect, officials said.

According to court documents, Ades sent the man about 65,000 text messages. The victim said she sent him about 500 texts in a day.

In one of the messages, Ades allegedly wrote, “…Don’t ever try to leave me…I’ll kill you…I don’t wanna be a murder.”

In another she allegedly said, “Oh, what I would do w/your blood… I’d wanna bathe in it,” azfamily.com reports.

In December 2017, police were called again to the home, but the officers couldn’t locate her.

On April 8, 2018, the victim again called police saying he was out of the country but saw the woman on his home surveillance camera in his home.

Police found the woman taking a bath at his home. Court documents said a large butcher knife was found in her car. She was arrested and charged with trespassing.

Three weeks later, the victim called police again to report more text messages from Ades, the KNXV report said.

On May 4, police were called to the man’s business after a report of Ades “acting irrationally and claiming to be the owner’s wife.”

According to KNXV, she was arrested on charges of threatening, stalking and harassment.

Ades spoke to the media from jail on Thursday.

“I felt like I met my soulmate and everything was just the way it was. I thought we would do what everybody else did, but that’s not what happened,” Ades said in the KNXV report.

Ades told police she sent the man text messages all day, but he never responded, court records said.

According to KNXV, she allegedly admitted to knowing her statements were “crazy” and plans to return to Florida once she’s released.