WRPS, Regional Chamber of Commerce to award $30k in grants to small Tri-Cities businesses
TRI-CITIES, Wash. — Small businesses in Tri-Cities will soon be able to apply for thousands of dollars in grants thanks to a program led by an ongoing partnership between the Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce (TCRCC) and the Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS).
Since 2011, the two organizations have worked together to provide around $330,000 dollars to hundreds of businesses in Tri-Cities using their Small Business Incentive Program (SBIP).
Now the SBIP is gearing up to open its applications for the 2022 year.
Applications open on Monday, June 6 and will be closed on Friday, July 1. The winners will be chosen during a random live drawing later in the summer.
Lori Mattson, the president and CEO of the chamber, said they have $30,000 dollars to grant — meaning 30 businesses will each receive $1,000 dollars.
“We know that the last couple years have been especially difficult on small businesses so we’re even more appreciative of the program at this time,” Mattson said. “It really does say that there is a need out there.”
Mattson said in the past, some have used the funds for things like furniture or employee training.
“We also really encourage the winners to purchase from regional chamber members if they can which really is kind of an added bonus that helps our members as well,” Mattson said.
According to the SBIP rules, here’s the criteria to be considered eligible to apply:
• Applicants must be a member of the Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Applicants must be in good standing with the Chamber and remain so through 2022
• Applicants must have been in business for at least 18 months at the time of application
• 2021 winners aren’t eligible to apply in 2022
• Applicants cannot have over 30 full-time employees
• Applicants must have reported 2021 revenue of less than $3 million
• Applicants must be organized for-profit
• Winners cannot use award for purchases made before award notification
“Businesses have won more than once over the past years but we limit that so if you won last year you can’t apply this year,” Mattson said.
For more information, click here.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.