Yakima pedestrian in critical condition after being struck by car
YAKIMA, Wash. — A woman is in critical condition after she was struck by a car at the intersection of 40th Ave and Tieton Dr on Monday afternoon.
Officials from the Yakima Police Department first announced the collision on Twitter shortly before 2:00 p.m. Police asked community members to steer clear of the area while local authorities investigated the accident.
At 3:50 p.m., Yakima Police announced that the roadway at 40th Ave and Tieton Drive was cleared to the public. Family identified the victim as 26-year-old Carollee Fisher. As of 1 p.m. Tuesday, she is in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Authorities noted that the driver who struck her is a 64-year-old man.
Police say that intoxicants did not play a factor in the collision. However, the collision remains under investigation by local authorities.
This is a breaking news story. An update or follow-up will be issued when more information becomes available from local authorities.
RECENT CRIME HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Granger man shot multiple times pronounced dead on the scene
- Benton County detectives are looking for a convicted child molester
- Two drive-by shooting suspects surrender to police in Grant County
- Alleged suspect in Spokane homicide taken into custody in Kennewick
- Prosecutor — Yakima police officer justified in shooting at pickup that ran over him
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.