Yakima Police arrest standoff suspect, rescue person calling for help
YAKIMA, Wash. — A woman has been arrested following a standoff with Yakima Police.
According to Yakima Police Department, officers responded to the 400 block of N 6th Ave Monday afternoon after receiving multiple reports of shots fires. Upon arrival, officers could hear additional gunfire.
It happened just before 5 p.m.
A female resident allegedly fired a gun during an altercation with a neighbor.
Officers surrounded the home and attempted to negotiate with the suspect. Authorities say she was uncooperative.
Police learned that a domestic partner was inside the home and heard a cry for help.
At this point, a police canine was deployed and officers entered the home to rescue the person who had called for help.
YPD says this person was not injured and the suspect was taken into custody without further incident.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Shooting at memorial celebration in Yakima injures three
- Richland police seek information on man linked to theft of an e-bike
- Kennewick assault victim linked to possession of stolen vehicle, outstanding warrants
- Corps of Engineers work to minimize water flow through Walla Walla during heavy rain
- NBA Finals on KAPP-KVEW — Series is even for Game Five following Steph Curry masterclass
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.