Yakima Police: N 16th Ave, Fruitvale Blvd closed for critical incident
YAKIMA, Wash. — Local authorities are alerting the community to a critical incident that will impact traffic at the intersection of N 16th Ave and Fruitvale Blvd on Monday.
According to a tweet by the Yakima Police Department at 1:00 p.m. on June 14, traffic is closed in all directions at this intersection. While the nature of the incident wasn’t revealed, officers are on the scene to assist.
As of now, the roadway is expected to be closed for several hours. Yakima Police will provide an update when more information becomes available.
KAPP-KVEW is working to obtain more information about the nature of the crash. For now, be prepared to adjust your commute if you expected to travel through the area.
This is a breakings news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued when more information becomes available to the public.
RECENT NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Prosser to celebrate Juneteenth with “History Hour”
- Pasco police arrest one involved in shooting Sunday night
- Pendleton transgender teen first to be crowned prom princess
- GALLERY: City of Walla Walla wants residents to vote for next flag
- Toppenish man convicted for murdering Yakama woman on reservation
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.