YPD: 17-year-old has been missing out of Yakima since August
YAKIMA, Wash. — A young woman has been missing out of Yakima since August of this year and local police are asking for the community’s help to find her.
According to a social media post from the Yakima Police Department, 17-year-old Cristina Cuellar has been missing since August 2021.
She is described as a young Hispanic female who is distinguishable by her brown hair and hazel eyes. Her measurables are registered at approx. 5-foot-5, 125 lbs.
In their social media alert, Yakima police labeled her as a missing person/runaway. The specific details of her disappearance were not disclosed to the public beyond the fact that she went missing three months ago.
YPD Detective Mario Vela is hoping to gather further details on her whereabouts. If you have any information that may contribute to his investigation, you’re urged to call 9-1-1 or contact him at (509) 576-6535 at your earliest convenience.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued once further details are announced.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Sunnyside man takes plea deal & escapes murder charge after key witness dies
- Yakima police solved 100% of the city’s homicides in 2021 with community help
- Pasco’s Sylvester Park is getting a new pair of youth soccer pitches from the NRPA & Disney
- Yakima corrections division & loved ones raise funds for officer’s recovery from violent beating
- ‘We have a right to feel safe’: Student petition to fire Richland High teacher has nearly 2k signatures
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.